Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter













This year we hosted the annual Easter festivities. My Parents and sister Taylor came and brought my Grandma Slaughter with them. My brother Todd, sister in law Christina and Spencer and Miriam. Grandma (my mom) always does a big Easter Egg hunt for the grand kids. They love it and look forward to it every year. Mom is so organized, and wants everyone to get equal prizes, so she did 22 eggs and misc. treats and treasures for each child. She color codes them all with stickers and by egg color. She always provides something cute to put there loot in too. They had a fabulous time hunting in the yard this year. Thanks mom for all your thought fullness and time for this most anticipated tradition! After the hunt we had a yummy Easter dinner complete with Ham, Potato salad, fruit and dip, asparagus ( I personally love it, and some years Easter is the only time I get to eat it)chips, rolls, and strawberry shortcake with from scratch angle food cake I made last night for the fist time, and was sure I had ruined, but it was actually very delicious! I Love Easter. I love the fun spring dresses, weather, candy, food, family,flowers and blosooms. I love the Savior and why we celebrate. What a great day it has been.

3 comments:

Quintana family story said...

Courtney, why did you not tell me you have a blog. I am happy to be able to follow your family. Your kids are all so big and beautiful.

everything petersen said...

You guys look beautiful as ever in your Easter clothes! The dress Lauren is wearing, I bought for my baby girl. Darling children you have!

Unknown said...

Courtney

All the pictures are so cute, you have such cute kids. the egg hunt sounds like tons of fun.