Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jack's first day of Pre-School






Jack woke up this morning and the first words he spoke were "I go to pre-school today". He wanted to change his clothes, take a bath,and brush his teeth all before 8:30am. (School doesn't start until 11:15am). Every 20 minuets he would ask "is it time to go yet"? He looked so handsome, and so grown up with his little back pack, new haircut, and school shoes on. I only cried a few tears as I left the school and walked to the car. His teachers gave the parents the cutest little "parent survival kit" complete with tissues, chocolate and a darling poem. I felt so grateful today for my amazing little boy. That this smart, funny, amazing little red headed boy is my son. As we ate our kids meals together, and he told me all about his first day of school, gratitude was what I felt. I just love you Jack, and I love being your mom.

3 comments:

crazycranefamily said...

I was thinking about you at 11:30 hoping you were doing OK!
Looks like he had a fun day!

The Halls of Fame said...

The countdown finally came to an end!! I'm so happy Jack finally got to pre-school. It looks like he is going to have a great time!! Lets get a lunch planned with Jules soon!! I love that winnie the pooh quote. I'm actually having it made in vinyl and putting either in the boys bathroom or their bedrooms. Haven't quite decided. We're going out of town this weekend so I'll call you when I get back!

Quintana family story said...

How exciting and so cute.