Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Boxes



Yesterday was our day to make Valentine boxes for Emma and Lauren. They are having their Valentine parties today, because they don't have school on Friday. I love that they are both completely different, uniquely portraying their personalities! I think they turned out pretty cute, now its off to go help with their class parties! I told Lauren about my class party when I was in first grade, because I'll never forget it. I got sick. I remember just when it was time to hand out our Valentines, I knew I was not feeling well. My mom came and picked me up from school, and I missed the party. But just like me today, she had to help with something for one of our class parties. So she had to take me to Smith's to buy some heart candy, if I remember right. Well right there in the middle of the isle I was going to throw up, but my mother came prepared. She whipped that throw up pot out of her purse just in the nick of time, and caught it all! (do you remember that mom??? Oh how could you ever forget??) Lauren assured me she did not plan on getting sick and missing her first grade party, I was so relived! Love you mom, you were then, and still are always prepared.

7 comments:

crazycranefamily said...

Those boxes do show the girls personalities SO well! They both turned out fantastic. I am so glad my kids didn't have to make theirs at home!!
How exactly did your mom have a throw up pot in the store?

Smart Family said...

My girls had told me about how cute those boxes were-thanks for sharing- they are adorable!!!

The Halls of Fame said...

What a good mommy and box maker you are!! These definitely fit each girl perfectly. What creative girls you all are! I'm so glad we didn't have to do that! Loved the throw-up story as well. You always entertain me with your stories :) Hope your Love Day is a great one. Have fun at the temple.

Sarah said...

TAG!! Check out my blog!

Martins said...

Those boxes are SOOOO cute!!! When it's time for Kaden to make a valentine's box I might have to enlist you for help...

The Halls of Fame said...

Come on emma you got to go to the Y UTAH RUNNING GIRLS DROOL

The Halls of Fame said...

that last one is from taylor.......