Saturday, February 7, 2009

Romp to Stomp






Today I tried something new....Snowshoeing! My friend Melissa told us about the Susan G. Komen, Romp to Stomp out breast cancer event. Sounds fun, and new, I'm In! My great friend Tekarri and I, met Melissa up at Mountain
Dell golf course. We registered, got all our gear on and we were off. I loved being outdoors. It felt so good to be out and active. Scott and I have talked about wanting to get outdoors with the family more this year. I guess this wasn't a family event but I was glad for the opportunity. We did the 3k (well Tekarri and I), Melissa( a more experienced snowshoer)did the 5k. It was just perfect. Afterwards we had a delicious lunch at the Citrus grill. I had a cup of sweet potato corn chowder, and a Cobb salad, yummy! It was a great experience, for a good cause, and a beautiful day.

1 comment:

The Halls of Fame said...

A great day with great girls! Thanks for being my snowshoe buddy. We'll look for shoes on clearance and get out more. Another memory to add to the memory bank. Glad you were a part of it!!