Sunday, January 11, 2009

SUGAR BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!! HOW SWEET IT IS!

I have hijacked the blog page...to let you know about the greatest game in the history of man...ok..that's a little over the top...but it was AWESOME!!! For Christmas Courtney gave me a trip to the Sugar Bowl with her Dad Ron, my brother Brad and my nephew Ryan. We spent some time on Bourbon Street. I really don't know what the big deal was there was nothing going on at 11:00 a.m (Duh) I brought a suitcase full of beads to hand out, I hear that is the custom, however I had no idea what they were for. My experience on Burbon Street can be summed up like this, it just smelled like pee. At the Utes hotel we ran into President Young, the president of the University of Utah. I am sure glad their family has seen the light and left the school down south. The food was amazing!!! Beans and rice in the south is incredible. The Alabama fans were great...except for the part when we were too loud, too good and when we crushed their team. They kept asking us throughout the day what a UTE was...I guess they now know...we are pretty much the best team in America. It was great to be with Court's dad, my brother and my nephew.

3 comments:

crazycranefamily said...

I have been waiting to see pictures from your trip. Looks like it was awesome. Glad to know you can take over the blog when you want too!

Sarah said...

Very nice post, Scott--can't imagine the word "pee" on the Wardle blog otherwise. Classic.

Glad you had fun, you are a true Ute fan and we can't imagine that game without you in the stands. We will give you one year without Ute teasing. You, and they, have earned it. Merry Christmas.

The Halls of Fame said...

I love the perma grin in all the pictures. This was probably like the best two days of your life. Aside from the day you married your darling wife huh?! Glad you got a turn on here to express yourself and share with us that beautiful moment. Tear tear..Until next time......